Re: the setrlimit changes in glibc 2.1.3

   Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:35:15 -0500 (EST)
   From: Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com>

   All fine and dandy, now think big-time vendors and tell me how to tell
   them that all their dveelopment libraries they have put out are now
   useless. It is quite of a challenge to deal with the big folks as it is;
   if we pull a fast one like this on them it is going to become increasingly
   difficult.

The solution is very simple.  Tell people not to upgrade their
development environment to glibc 2.1.3.

This doesn't prevent people from upgrading their runtime environment.
It is not too difficult to set things up such that the compiler and
linker keep on using the old libs and headers.  This has the
additional advantage that you'll be able to produce binaries that run
on older systems. But you'll also get the important bug-fixes
contained in glibc 2.1.3.

Mark