Re: Question about soft-fp

>>>>> Jakub Jelinek writes:

Jakub> On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 03:37:43PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

>> Since the soft-fp stuff is now in, how can I use it?  Which ports do
>> benefit from it?  I'm interested in using the long double support for
>> Mips.  Is this possible?

Jakub> It's an IEEE software emulation framework, so everywhere you need software
Jakub> math emulation of the basic operations (+,-,*,/,sqrt,comparisons) you can
Jakub> use it.

Do you have any example for it?  Is soft-fp anywhere used already in
glibc?

Jakub> If you want to support quad long doubles on mips, I'd first go into gcc and
Jakub> hack support for that, because
Jakub> [root@tucnak gcc]# grep LONG_DOUBLE_TYPE_SIZE config/mips/*.h
Jakub> config/mips/mips.h:#define LONG_DOUBLE_TYPE_SIZE 64
Jakub> [root@tucnak gcc]#
Ok, thanks.

Jakub> I don't know what the MIPS ABI specifies about quad software emulation
Jakub> functions and arguments, so you need to find that out and last hack up
Jakub> soft-fp/sysdeps/mips Makefiles (and actual routines if the generic ones are
Jakub> not what you want to use).

Thanks,
Andreas
--