Re: rlimit changes

On Fri, Dec 10, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:
>
> > So why didn't you do that in the first place, instead of breaking all
> > platforms??
>
> Because I really don't care whether it's broken for a day or two until
> the kernel issue settled.  And I've left to every port maintainer to
> make appropriate changes.  It's just that handling this issue platform
> independent was wrong and this is what I corrected.

Short history:

You make a change which breaks the ABI for all platforms for over
2 weeks. We fixed it for all platforms.
Now you remove the fix for all platfroms and makes a ix86 specific
solution, the ABI for all other platfroms are broken again.
Then you say, the port maintainer should fix it again.

Could you please explain me, why you break it for other platforms,
if the port maintainer should make the changes ? Then make it correct
and make the changes only for the ix86 platform and wait until the
port maintainer makes the necessary changes. The current solution
is not Ok.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg