Re: Bind 8.2 Integration

>>>>> Mark Kettenis writes:

Mark>    From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
Mark>    Date: 01 Dec 1999 17:14:52 +0100

Mark>    I've avoided the res_sendsigned/res_nsendsigned interfaces completly
Mark>    (and also the resfindzonecut interface).  This means that the
Mark>    resulting libresolv can not be used by named, nslookup or dig.  But it
Mark>    can be used instead of the old libresolv and we can export it.

Mark> Although I think that we should try to privide all functions in
Mark> <resolv.h> this is probably a good idea for now.  We can always add
Mark> those functions when people start compaining.  Removing them would be
Mark> a bigger problem.

I agree - and have another question.  Should we add the interfaces and
structures even if they're unused?  I'm in favor of only adding those
functions and structs that are needed - this way the user will notice
directly what's broken.

Is this ok?

Andreas
--