Re: K&R and ISO

> I don't understand.  Gcc can happily mix K&R code and ISO code.  Using
> the -traditional flag of gcc already does not work so this is no
> additional restriction.

That is what I said.  We are in agreement.

> The only program needed for bootstrapping which takes code from glibc
> is make.  For fnmatch/glob we can either leave them as is or use
> ansi2knr or unprotoize.  The latter is what many GNU packages do
> nowadays.

Though I guess it is not a priority for GNU, I would like to leave the
decisions of how portable to what systems each package needs to be to the
discretion of that package's maintainer.  If using ansi2knr or unprotoize
is sufficient, then all the better.  I'd just like to give the maintainers
a chance to explicitly respond to your proposal before just deciding for them.