Re: deep troubles with register_frame_info

> On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, H.J. Lu wrote:
>
> > > It's not the change that came in glibc. It's simply the other shared
> > > libraries. We compiled glibc-2.0 with egcs from the start and
> > > register_frame_info was never in there (similar as it is on redhat
> > > with a gcc-compiled glibc-2.0)
> >
> > Have you kept your glibc 2.0 up to date?
> I've tried that as well, I'm not saying a systen built with the new egcs
> and/or the new libc would not work perfectly. It does, no doubt at all.
>
> The problem is: I compile a binary or a library on that system to intall
> it on something previous and then I would have to exchange the libc as
> well. I doubt this will be acceptable to almost a million users.

It is your choice to use egcs 1.1.2. To do that, you should also update
your glibc and maybe binutils. In my egcs 1.1.2 release note, I have
mentioned:

You need glibc 2.0.7 1998-12-11 or above to use the precompiled
egcs binaries.

If you can upgrade to egcs 1.1.2, I doubt you have much trouble to
upgrade to glibc 2.0.7 1998-12-11 or above.

H.J.