Re: patch PR 936

   From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
   Date: 02 Feb 1999 16:42:43 -0800

   I append a patch for the PR.  It introduces an own map for ld.so.  I
   said in the last mail this will solve the problem once and for all but
   this is not right.  We still use malloc, calloc, realloc, and free
   from the global namespace.  This won't change (for Linux) until we
   have implemented the mechnisms to drop support for old kernels.

   Maybe somebody who saw the problem can give this patch a try.  I'll
   check it in right after the 2.1 release for 2.1.1.

Did you read the last paragraph in Roland's mail?  It looks to me that
this patch breaks ``the right semantics''.

What surprises me is that we're going through a lot of trouble to fix
what you yourself called a bug in the guys program.