Re: __OPTIMIZE__ & __ctype32_b

At 08:46 28.01.99 , Cristian Gafton wrote:
>On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Franz Sirl wrote:
>
>> He uses the RedHat RawHide SRPM where this currently is the default. For
>> the LinuxPPC distribution I routinely change this to CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS
>> -g". RedHat currently also violates the "Always build _outside_ the source
>
>Plesae take a look at what we do before making those allegations.

Hmm, in the latest version available from rawhide
(glibc-2.0.109-0.990112.src.rpm) you build in a subdir of the sourcedir,
that's _not_ outside of the sourcedir AFAI understand it (now, I was
corrected :-) about this sometime ago on a egcs list). So unless you have
an unreleased SRPM, where this is different, I think my statement is correct.

Franz.