Re: Please compile glibc 2 with egcs 1.1.1/Linux

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

> Ok. Some people like Debian and RedHat will make binary releases.

That's what I'm counting on.  I will write down the announcement
shortly and send it here for review.  It'll say that people are
generally *not* expected to install glibc themself unless they are
experienced.  The rest should use the appropriate new releases (btw,
could the Debian people tell me when the next release after Slink is
expected?  I assume Slink will not have glibc 2.1).