Re: vfork glibc clarification

   From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
   Date: 18 Jan 1999 17:04:00 -0800

   "David S. Miller" <davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com> writes:

   > You can just add it to the syscalls.list for both sparc ports and it
   > will just work.

   I cannot simply do that since it won't work on kernels without this
   syscalls.  Therefore we have these wrapper functions which fall back
   on fork().

Let me say it again "it will work", trust me.  The vfork() syscall
vectors to normal fork() in all Sparc kernels prior to the
introduction of vfork() support.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com