Re: /usr/include/bits/in.h is invalid C++

> Wrong.  This is a C header and clearly marked as C.  The compiler has
> to deal with this and latest egcs version do.

This is clearly invalid C++, regardless whether it is bracketed by
extern "C" or not. Period.

If the GNU C library choses not to be compatible with C++, well,
fine. Don't be surprised when you get more bug reports in this
respect, though. I doubt that *any* future g++ version will accept
this code under -pedantic.

Regards,
Martin