Re: gdb and linuxthreads (A deadlock in linuxthreads.)

> I think it is doable. We have
> kernel	glibc		# of signals 		gdb
> 2.0		2.0		2			work
> 2.0		2.1		2			doesn't work
> 2.1		2.0		2			work
> 2.1		2.1		3			work.
> The only case gdb doesn't is glibc 2.1 under linux 2.0 due to
> __pthread_sig_cancel. I think it is ok. If you can modify
> Linuxthreads, I will take care of gdb.

We have a deal.  I'll do that next week.

Concerning ex6: I ran it 1500 times (all night long) on a bi-Pentium
Pro and it did not deadlock.  But: this machine is running kernel 2.0.36.
I'll see with its owner if it's possible to put a recent 2.1 kernel on
it.

Still, the bug could have something to do with the realtime signals.
For one thing, RT signals are queued while regular signals are not, so
bugs causing a signal to be sent twice instead of once might go
unnoticed with regular signals, but break things with RT signals.
Also, I'm afraid RT signals haven't been tested much, so there might
be bugs in the kernel related to RT signals.

Do you think you could test ex6 with RT signals turned off in
LinuxThreads?  E.g. just under SIGRTMIN in pthread.c and see what
happens.

- Xavier