Re: sunrpc/clnt_unix.c:__msgread

Hello,

> What is the point of setting msg.msg_control in this function?
> The control data returned in `cm' is not inspected at all.
> Does Linux just require it for some stupid reason?

I don't remember. It could be, that I only had forgotten to remove it. But
I think the problem was another: if the server sends CREDENTIALS to the client,
the client must have the space for it, or the kernel will reject it. If the
client wish to receive them or not.

I couldn't test it in the moment, my Computers are on the way to Nuernberg,
where I will work next year. So you have to wait 2 weeks, before I have my
network up and running again.

   Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk  kukuk@vt.uni-paderborn.de