Re: getdate && Y2K

   From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de>
   Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:08:23 +0100 (CET)

   Hi,

   I've downloaded some Y2K test programs from:
   ftp://ftp.rdg.opengroup.org/pub/unsupported/stdtools/y2k/

   and got a segmentation fault using the getdate.c program :-(.

   Could somebody check if either the testprogram (appended below) or the
   getdate implementation in glibc2.1 is broken and fix it?

   Thanks,
   Andreas

On sparc-sun-solaris-2.5.1 the program segfaults too.  But if I
uncomment the

   #define TOG_END 38

it produces the output

   getdate(3C) window: 2000-2037 1969-1999

So did you check the program with TOG_END set to 38?  I wrote the
initial implementation of getdate in glibc2.1 and IIRC it uses
mktime(), which probably means that the implementation is limited to
dates up to Jan 1 2038 because of the size of time_t.  Anyway if there
is a problem with getdate, I'll take a look at it over the weekend.

Mark