Re: StarOffice 5.0 problems

Ulrich wrote:

>Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk> writes:
>
>> a) Something (maybe just the setup program) has a hard coded dependency on
>> `libpthread-0.7.so'.
>
>Hhm?  What can they possibly make wrong here?

One of the first things the setup program does is looks to see if you have all
the libraries it thinks it needs.  Although the majority of them seem to be
found correctly, for some reason it is looking for libpthread-0.7.so by that
name rather than by its soname.  It's strange.  I made libpthread-0.7.so a
symlink to the real libpthread-0.8.so and it seemed happy.

>Myabe HJ's libio fix helps.  Update your CVS archive, I've already
>checked the changes in.  I'm jsut compiling and testing everything
>here before telling this on libc-hacker (ehoch now is not necessary
>anymore).

I'll try it tomorrow (the machine with the code on is at the office and I'm at
home).  Thanks.

p.