Re: pty problems under glibc 2.0.98

> From: "Jack Howarth" <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu>
> Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 00:03:33 -0400
>
> Hello,
>    On linuxppc running Linux 2.1.125 built with egcs 1.1b
> and glibc 2.0.98, I am seeing an interesting problem that
> I think should be checked on other platforms running
> glibc 2.0.98. If I build tcltk 8.0.3 (probably any 8.0.x
> will do) and execute the make check in the expect build
> directory I get an interesting error about no free ptys.
> One can also create the error from within the tests directory
> for the expect source code by executing expect and then
> at the expect prompt typing

Works fine for me:

[geoffk@geoffk tests]$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/../../tcl8.0/unix/:`pwd`/.. ../expect
expect1.1> source all
cat.test
expect.test
pid.test
spawn.test
stty.test

This is with tcltk-8.0.2-16.src.rpm, with a minor change to deal with
EOPNOTSUPP and ENOSYS (or whatever) being the same.  The tcl tests
passed too.

Is it possible you actually have no free PTYs?

You can find a binary RPM of tcltk in my home directory on
dev.linuxppc.org right now, and in the FTP area soon.

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>