Re: several changes today

Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

> Ok, that's fine - but don't we lose functionality since the checks if
> it really is a directory are only done if the kernel understands the
> flag?

If somebody is so paraniod it is not asked to much for them to update
to the most recent kernel.  The fstat call isn't really necessary IMO
but if the platform does not provide any functionality to make sure we
open a directory it should be there.  For Linux there is a better
solution (upgrading the kernel) and therefore I see no problem with
leaving the fstat call out even if the kernel does not check this.