Re: glibc 2.0.95

   Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:37:15 +0200
   From: Thomas Quinot <thomas@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG>

   Le 1998-07-30, Ulrich Drepper écrivait :

   > Please give it a try and give me some feedback (also positive).

   It looks like seteuid is still broken. It may change the
   saved uid, which is not consistent with the 4.4BSD semantics.
   This breaks at least Sendmail 8.9.*.

Recent 2.1.x kernels have a `setresuid' syscall.  The comment in
`kernel/sys.c' reads:

  /*
   * This function implements a generic ability to update ruid, euid,
   * and suid.  This allows you to implement the 4.4 compatible seteuid().
   */

I'll prepare a patch to implement it this way (and properly fall back
on the old method when the syscall is missing) and send it later today.

Mark