Re: dumb question

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:01:14 +0200 (MET DST), Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

>Hello,
>
>> >Zack, for what do you need struct ucred ? Are you playing with
>> >__SCM_CREDENTIALS in the moment ? I have some big problems with it,
>> >which I couldn't solve. If I could see code which works, maybe
>> >I could find my mistake.
>>
>> The code I'm looking at is Alexey Kuznetsov's TLI-over-sockets
>> library, which I was trying to package as a glibc addon.  It was
>> written to libc5 and assumes struct ucred is in sys/socket.h.  I have
>> no idea if the code actually works.
>
>Hey, you are working on that ? The last 2 days I have spoken with
>Alexey about this (The main reason was the keyserv interface). He told
>me, that the code works with libc5 and glibc 1.99 on alpha, and that it
>is very well tested and runs for a long time for him without problems.

I have it almost ready - there are a few small issues.  struct ucred
is one; there's a huge pile of warnings that need to get cleared out;
I can't find where the tiopt_* functions are called (they're not
documented TLI entry points); and it appears to have some XTI
functions in it, which makes me worry if it's a hybrid.

There's also a build issue.  In Sun's implementation the public
interface is in libnsl.  For maximum compatibility we should put it
there too.  However, the nisplus code wants to put stuff in libnsl, so
we need a way to add functions to an extra-lib from two directories.
I know how to restructure things so this is possible, but since Uli
isn't taking any of my Makefile patches...

zw