Re: libc struct termios <--> kernel struct termios, how?

Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com> writes:

|> while investigating an ioctl() "invalid argument" in top (from
|> procps-1.2.7) on glibc-2.0.93/powerpc, I wondered what's the correct
|> include file for 'struct termios' and 'TCGETS'. top currently includes
|> <termios.h>, but the definition there differs from from the kernel
|> definition (NCCS is 32 resp. 19). Since sizeof(struct termios) is coded
|> into TCGETS, top will use a value for TCGETS which is not understood by the
|> kernel.
|>
|> What is the correct solution for that? Using <asm/termios.h>?

The correct solution is to use tc[gs]etattr.  For compatibility you'll
probably have to redefine TCGETS in terms of struct __kernel_termios in
<bits/termios.h>.  The Sparc port avoids that by using the same struct
termios as the kernel.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"