Re: An ELF linker patch

tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, n/BSG) writes:

> I agree, but I think this means it should be a priority to have a
> static-only version of NSS.

No, the use of NSS in static binaries should work perfectly.  What
could create problem is loading and unloading of shared objects and
this is what should never be done.

I really wonder why you come up with the idea of a static NSS.  This
is not possible.  NSS modules could be coming from a third-party
package (e.g., there is a LDAP NSS module).  You wouldn't be able to
use it.

-- Uli