ChangeLog dependency for `make dist`

Hi,

While attempting to generate tarballs for translations I noticed that
`make dist` depends on ChangeLog to be present and fails since we don't
have ChangeLog in the tree anymore.  To fix this, how about this
workflow tweak:

* Generate ChangeLog right after the freeze to allow tarball generation
for translations
* Update ChangeLog just before release
* Move ChangeLog to ChangeLog.old/ right after release

Also, there's a specification gap as to what to do on the release
branch.  That is, do we keep the ChangeLog file in place on the release
branch or move that too?  Since we actively backport patches, I suggest
we move the ChangeLog since it will quickly become outdated and will
misrepresent reality.

Basically, the life of a ChangeLog file would then be strictly between
freeze and release.

If y'all think this is OK, I'll update the wiki to reflect all this.

Siddhesh