A question on glibc backwards compatibility

Dear Developers:

I knew that glibc has very good backwards compatibility. But I have an issue during my development. I use very old glibc(version 2.5) to compile my own developed dynamic library and use it on newer kernel, some weird issues happen. Here, I could not explain these issues in details because there are so much code involved. But my question is that, glibc backwards compatibility is strict support? or if there are any(few) exceptions? If there are exceptions where can I find them?

Sincerely looking forward to your response.

Regards

Jason