This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v8 1/3] y2038: Introduce internal for glibc struct __timespec64
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Lukasz Majewski <lukma at denx dot de>
- Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Alistair Francis <alistair23 at gmail dot com>, Alistair Francis <alistair dot francis at wdc dot com>, Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb dot de>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Stepan Golosunov <stepan at golosunov dot pp dot ru>
- Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:43:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 1/3] y2038: Introduce internal for glibc struct __timespec64
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Lukasz Majewski:
> This type is a glibc's "internal" type similar to struct timespec but
> whose tv_sec field is a __time64_t rather than a time_t, which makes it
> Y2038-proof and usable to pass syscalls between user code and Y2038-proof
> To support passing this structure to the kernel - the tv_pad, 32 bit int,
> has been introduced. The placement of it depends on endianness of the SoC.
> Tested on x86_64 and ARM.
> * include/time.h: Add struct __timespec64 definition
Please fix the subject before committing. A word seems to be missing
after “internal”. Thanks.