This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add helper script for glibc debugging
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot net dot br>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <arjun dot is at lostca dot se>, <ashankar at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 09:11:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add helper script for glibc debugging
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sep 24 2019, "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Maybe there are more trivial ways to do it, but that's what I have been
> using for some time.
The easiest way is to configure with --enable-hardcoded-path-in-tests or
setting build-hardcoded-path-in-tests, though that only works for test
programs. If you need to debug one of the included programs there needs
to be a way to inject
-Wl,-rpath=$(rpath-link)$(patsubst %,:%,$(sysdep-library-path))' into
the link command (setting config-LDFLAGS used to accomplish this, but
that variable no longer exists).
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."