This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: When can we stop writing ChangeLogs?
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:21:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: When can we stop writing ChangeLogs?
- References: <email@example.com>
My vote is next release, so we have time to update the release wiki page
and get used with process meanwhile.
On 20/09/2019 11:55, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I've committed the ChangeLog auto-generation script so we can stop
> writing ChangeLog entries any time now. What's the preferred way to do
> this, stop right now, or stop after the February release?
> Also, I think this is a great time to start a conversation on a patch
> review system with CI plugs, etc. After a conversation with Gabriel at
> Cauldron I realized that the ChangeLog auto-generation is actually just
> the beginning and we could do a whole lot more with that set of scripts,
> on the lines of static analysis of the changes to weed out any obvious
> issues. That could go in as one of the CI checks.