This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC PATCH 07/11] malloc: make arena size configurable on startup
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Isaku Yamahata <isaku dot yamahata at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 21:03:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 07/11] malloc: make arena size configurable on startup
I have no fundamental problem with tuning the heap size, but...
1. The heap size must always be a power of two; you need to enforce that
in the tunable callback.
2. Do you have any benchmarks that show that these changes don't affect
performance? I don't mean differing size heaps, I mean changing a
constant to a variable in the code.
3. I don't see the point of heap_max_specified.