This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] locale: Avoid zero-length array in _nl_category_names [BZ #24962]
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Martin Sebor <msebor at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 13:52:03 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] locale: Avoid zero-length array in _nl_category_names [BZ #24962]
- References: <email@example.com>
On 9/5/19 1:34 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> (Martin, can you give this a test using GCC 10? I don't expect any
> issues because the zero-length array is completely gone. The patch
> passed testing on x86_64-linux-gnu without regressions, but with GCC 9.)
> The union wrapper is unnecessary because C allows to read any object
> as a sequence of chars.
Seems to be working well. Nothing in glibc failing due to this. I'm
seeing some GCC testsuite regressions, but I'm not convinced those are
even related to Martin's work.
x86_64, powerpc64le, aarch64, sh3, nios2, mips64el, mips64, s390, sh3eb,
csky & microblaze are done. Others will follow as the day goes on,
including things like m68k, alpha, various arm, i686, ppc64, ppc32,