This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] locale/C-translit.h.in: Greek -> ASCII transliteration table [BZ #12031]
- From: Roumen Petrov <bugtrack at roumenpetrov dot info>
- To: "libc-locales at sourceware dot org" <libc-locales at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "Diego (Egor) Kobylkin" <egor at kobylkin dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 12:44:20 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] locale/C-translit.h.in: Greek -> ASCII transliteration table [BZ #12031]
- References: <15ng4NDEFJeZhF1FBBL6X6CB9aroE4hyWVKzRshoOYhTmf-Cj2U64VAczBw5-eTCL0PqD_Urr7Fjv0P1bZMtTIwmoE7kiaGesv6e6KJhB_Uemail@example.com>
Diego (Egor) Kobylkin wrote:
Dear locale maintainers,
fix the glibc bug 12031 "iconv -t ascii//translit with Greek characters" 
add Greek transliteration rows to locale/C-translit.h.in.
This work is done on the heels of the successfully committed patch for the
virtually the same bug [BZ #2872] but concerning Cyrillic characters. 
Transliteration is mostly locale dependent.
Proposed cyrilic map does not match current Bulgarian act -
https://www.mrrb.bg/bg/zakon-za-transliteraciyata/ . I cannot remember
what is difference to the previous one dated 70 years ago.