This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/6] ldbl-128ibm-compat: Add regular character printing functions
- From: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot net dot br>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 11:03:21 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/6] ldbl-128ibm-compat: Add regular character printing functions
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20190815153021.40983ca5@tereshkova>
On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, Gabriel F. T. Gomes wrote:
>On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Florian Weimer wrote:
>>Why isn't the assignment to obj-suf-foreach dead?
>Oh! There's a hunk missing in this patch. It should have the following
>+$(call obj-suf-foreach,$(ldbl-ibm128-files)): \
>+ sysdep-CFLAGS += -mabi=ibmlongdouble
>I accidentally removed it when preparing the patch for submission. Sorry
>and thanks for catching it.
>It does not affect the test results because there's nothing currently
>adding -mabi=ieeelongdouble to the build of powerpc64le files. Anyway,
>I'll reinstate this hunk locally, because it makes it clear *and explicit*
>that these files must be built with -mabi=ibmlongdouble, regardless of
>what becomes the default (if the default changes).
Are you OK with this explanation (and amendment)? I like the idea of
making it explicit that -mabi=ibmlongdouble is required for these files.