Re: Status of build bots?

On 8/20/19 3:08 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 8/20/19 6:05 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> * Carlos O'Donell:
>>
>>> We really need functioning build bots for all major targets:
>>>
>>> * x86_64 / i686
>>> * aarch64 / arm
>>> * s390x / s390
>>> * ppc32 / ppc64 / ppc64le
>>>
>>> It would be great if we got s390x backup and running.
>>
>> You should qualify whether this is a community perspective or a Red Hat
>> perspective.
>
> Let me clarify.
>
> Firstly I don't want this list to imply any bias about which machines
> are important or not important, they are simply a reflection of how easy
> it is to get hardware and setup systems that can be used publicly for the
> given hardware.
>
> From a Red Hat perspective I care about:
>
> * x86_64 / i686
> * aarch64
> * s390x
> * ppc64le
>
> From an upstream perspective I care about:
>
> * x86_64 / i686 / x32
> * aarch64 / armv7hf
> * s390x / s390
> * ppc32 / ppc64 / ppc64le
> * mips (several variants)
> * riscv (several variants)
> * c-sky
> * nios II
>
> I have a wishlist which would be:
>
> * alpha
> * sparc
> * ia64
> * hppa
> * m68k
> * microblaze
> * sh
Note that alpha, hppa, m68k and sh4 have solid enough qemu user mode
support that you can create a root filesystem for the target, chroot
into it and make it look entirely native.  That's how my tester handles
those (and a few other) targets.

My alpha & aarch64_be chroots even have dejagnu so I can run the GCC
testsuite.  Probably the hardest part is making sure all the build
dependencies are in the chroot.  glibc adding python as a hard
dependency was painful :(

When run on a beefy box qemu emulated is probably still faster then real
hardware for those targets.

Jeff