Re: Status of build bots?

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> (b) Commit to fixing machine-specific test failures.
>     - Machine maintainers get on board to cleanup machine failures as xfails.

We also need to revisit previous decisions to let some tests fail.

Case in point: the known (and documented as such on the wiki) failures of

FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-ai_idn
FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-ai_idn-latin1

with libidn2 before version 2.0.5.

Marking as either UNSUPPORTED or XFAIL when using older libidn2 would be
reasonable (I suspect UNSUPPORTED is more practical, since the tests could
dlopen libidn2 and call idn2_check_version).  Leaving as FAIL is
unhelpful; it means anyone testing on Ubuntu 18.04, for example, needs to
know to disregard those failures.

Likewise anything else that fails because of some environmental issue that
it's reasonable to have present on a buildbot system - we need to find a
way to make such known issues result in something other than FAIL, so that
the expected results can be clean.

(The other, longstanding, failure I see for native x86_64 testing on
Ubuntu 18.04 is

FAIL: nss/tst-nss-files-hosts-long

 .)

--