Re: Aarch64 test results and questions

On Fri, 2019-07-26 at 18:52 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:

> > tst-ldconfig-bad-aux-cache also does not seem to have any known
> > PR's.
> > I get the following in the .out file:
> >
> > 	tst-ldconfig-bad-aux-cache.c:84: numeric comparison failure
> > 	   left: 256 (0x100); from: status
> > 	  right: 0 (0x0); from: 0
> > 	error: support-xstat.c:29: stat64 ("/var/cache/ldconfig/aux-
> > cache"): No such file or directory
> > 	error: 2 test failures
> > 	running post-clean rsync
>
> What's the path that ldconfig is actually creating on this target?

I built a toolchain (binutils, gcc, glibc) that are all in
/extra/sellcey/test-glibc/install.

% /extra/sellcey/test-glibc/install/sbin/ldconfig -p
/extra/sellcey/test-glibc/install/sbin/ldconfig: Can't open cache file
/extra/sellcey/test-glibc/install/etc/ld.so.cache
: No such file or directory

The directory /extra/sellcey/test-glibc/install/etc exists but
there is no ld.so.cache in it.  This may be related to how I build the
toolchain, I hack the GCC sources to change where it finds the dynamic
linker and I also hack library scripts like libc.so and libm.so (when
libmvec is built) after they are built to use the prefix I specify when
building.  Maybe I need some option when building glibc and/or some hack
to change where ld.so.cache is located?  I am using --prefix when building glibc.
I know the documentation says to always use --prefix=/usr but I am building
a native toolchain that looks for all of its libraries, headers, etc.
under a non-standard location when compiling/linking and when running and for
that I need to use --prefix=/something-other-than-usr when building glibc.

Steve Ellcey