Re: RFC: make fastcheck

Hi,

Le jeudi 25 juillet 2019 à 20:24 +0000, Joseph Myers a écrit :

> A separate problem in nptl/ is that it disables parallel build for
> testing.
>
> # The tests here better do not run in parallel
> ifneq ($(filter %tests,$(MAKECMDGOALS)),)
> .NOTPARALLEL:
> endif
>
> Even if the tests can't safely *run* in parallel, it should be
> possible to
> *compile* them in parallel.

I was hoping there was a dedicated make target to build all the tests,
so that they could be built safely with make -j ..., another target to
build and setup the tests, and make check to build,setup and run the
tests.

Sadly I don't have time and or will to implement such behavior.

Regards.

--
Yann Droneaud
OPTEYA