Re: CI/CD in glibc

On 7/16/19 8:00 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
My feeling is that we need to tackle this first before we can offer a CI
workflow because even with remote CI, local builds will still be an
important part of the developer experience.  And if we can speed up
building significantly, we perhaps do not have to investigate ways to
run build-many-glibcs.py in a distributed fashion, on a cluster of
machines.

I agree.

However, I think we can discuss gitlab/CI style setups and they will
benefit from any speedup we have in the build cycle.

I have an item for discussion at GNU Cauldron 2019 regarding this
kind of workflow.

Carlos.