Re: glibc 2.30 - 6 days until ABI freeze.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 6:46 PM Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:

> Community,
>
> We have 6 days until the ABI freeze for glibc 2.30.
>
> If you have posted a patch that changes or adds a new
> ABI *cough* RISC-V 32-bit *cough* then please consider
> adding yourself to the "Rlease blockers?" list on the
> release page:

I have been pushing to get the RV32 port into glibc 2.30, but with 6
days left I'm not sure it can be done.

At the moment there are still unsolved issues with just the handful of
patches in the RFC. Once these are sorted all the other problematic
syscalls will also need to be updated to use the new methods. I see
this being a big change that affects not only RV32 but all
architectures. I'm not familiar with the glibc release process but to
me this seems too risky to push into 2.30.

In saying that I would still like the patches "finalised" soon so we
can at least have a fork for testing and then have this merged as soon
as the 2.31 window opens.

Alistair