Re: [BZ 24544] Use support_install_prefix in elf/tst-pldd.c

(re-sending mail in proper text format for the mailing list)

On Thu, 9 May 2019, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On 5/9/19 5:52 PM, Romain Geissler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This should fix BZ 24544 by using support_install_prefix as suggested
> > by Carlos. Tested on my use case with --prefix, I have not tried
> > without --prefix, is support_install_prefix equal to "/usr" by
> > default, or is it "/", or is it empty ?
>
> support_install_prefix is equal to INSTDIR_PATH which is equal to $(prefix),
> that is anything that you pass via --prefix, and by default '/usr'.

Actually I tried without --prefix, and I get the same error as in here
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-glibc/2004-08/msg00139.html So
can I assume everyone on Linux distribution side uses --prefix=/usr ?

> This looks good to me.
>
> Could you please test without --prefix and if that works I'll commit
> this for you?

As written above, without --prefix, the configure script ends up with an
error saying that the default (/usr/local) is not Ok. So I tried with
--prefix=/usr and totally destroyed my system where all commands was
segfaulting (hopefully it was in a throwable container). So I cannot
tell you if it works with --prefix=/usr, but it should.

> You don't have an FSF copyright assignment, but the following below
> is only 8 lines of changes, and so not yet legally significant.
> However, if we want to accept more patches from you, you'll need to
> get assignment, which should be straight forward:

Yes I know quite well this process, I have pushed the legal team from my
employer to contact the FSF quite some time ago. Discussions are still
in progress for now.

Cheers,
Romain