This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc git commit hooks update.
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: codonell at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 22:28:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: glibc git commit hooks update.
- References: <email@example.com>
* DJ Delorie:
> Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> You can do whatever you want on the private branches. IRC, email,
>> Bugzilla updates are all disabled as of today.
> The fact that I can do whatever I want is the *problem*, not the
Sorry, I don't understand. You voiced concerns about the interference
with IRC and Bugzilla, and we solved that today.
Private branches were so painful to use in the past that we only used
them so rarely that no common practices could evolve. Hopefully,
that's going to change now, and we can look back in a few months and
make some recommendations about what works best.