This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] alloc_buffer: Return unqualified pointer type in alloc_buffer_next
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 12:23:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] alloc_buffer: Return unqualified pointer type in alloc_buffer_next
- References: <20190308204633.49DCE80DD6B5@oldenburg2.str.redhat.com>
* Florian Weimer:
> alloc_buffer_next is useful for peeking to the remaining part of the
> buffer and update it, with subsequent allocation (once the length
> is known) using alloc_buffer_alloc_bytes. This is not as robust
> as the other interfaces, but it allows using alloc_buffer with
> string-writing interfaces such as snprintf and ns_name_ntop.
> 2019-03-08 Florian Weimer <email@example.com>
> * include/alloc_buffer.h (alloc_buffer_alloc_bytes): Update
> (alloc_buffer_next): Change return type to non-const.