This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] nss_dns: More consistency in corrupt message handling in getnetby*
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 12:20:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] nss_dns: More consistency in corrupt message handling in getnetby*
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* DJ Delorie:
> Florian Weimer <email@example.com> writes:
>> Setting errno to any value is fine as long it's not 0 or ERANGE. 8-)
> I was thinking back to a conversation (maybe here) about polluting errno
> by setting it *at all* in functions that should only set h_errno.
I'm not aware of such a discussion. The h_errno == NETDB_INTERNAL
definitely needs to set errno, to name just one example.
What do you think about the nss_dns patch, given this aspect?