Re: [v4] Fix strptime era handling, add more era tests [BZ #24394]

On 3/31/19 3:20 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
* Carlos O'Donell:

.. and tst-strftime2.c is hideous, a terrible test with no comments
whose logic cannot be followed.

I think it's not too bad.  It's one of these combination tests.  I
can't read Japanese, so I have trouble understanding what it exactly
tests, but any test trying to get coverage like this will looke pretty
similar.

The lack of comments makes the test difficult to maintain.

My objection is not to combinatorial tests that auto-generate the testing
matrix, in fact you've shown that such tests are possible with good comments :-)

My usual review of these tests begins with: "Please add more comments."

You eventually forget why the test generates the permutation in this way or that.
I also support the heavy use of enums to make the test intent perfectly clear.