Master open for 2.30!

Hello folks,

It's 1st Feb somewhere in the world already and as promised, master is
open for development on the 1st Feb.  For those west of Singapore, y'all
got lucky and have an extra day ;)

It was a pretty clean release except for a couple of gnulib configure
reported breakages and none of them looked like showstoppers; one of
them was even a bug in gnulib.  I'll continue to track them down to
conclusion and maybe backport to 2.29 if really necessary.

I'm uploading tarballs now and will make the release announcement once
the website is ready.  Basically, it'll be 1st Feb for me by the time
all this is done so we're pretty much on schedule.

One disappointment personally for me was my inability to conclude the
ChangeLog transition in time.  I still haven't had a chance to look at
the vc-dwim project but I hope to this weekend.  This means that we're
stuck with ChangeLogs for a little longer.  Would it make sense to just
add them in the git log for now and not maintain the actual file?  Once
we arrive at a conclusion for the auto-generating program we can just
stop writing changelog entries into the git log.

Thoughts?

Siddhesh