Re: 2.29 freeze update: Last fortnight

On 16/01/19 9:17 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On 16/01/19 1:47 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> I'm working at trying to fix the rwlock bug. I'd like to see the bug
>> fix included in the release. I think I need the rest of the week to
>> fix this. However, we can push out to 2.30 if we want.
>
> We can hold off till 23rd for the hard freeze; would that be enough time
> for you?  That gives me enough time to run tests over the weekend and do
> the release the following week.
>
> That should also give HJ enough time to fix the x32 bug he just found.

Carlos, HJ, are we doing OK for time?  Would you be OK for a hard freeze
by the end of this week, i.e. Sunday?  That will give me all of next
week to run final tests for the release.

How's the strftime change doing?  It looks like y'all are on the last
couple of patches now.

As for the ChangeLog script, I've worked on incorporating it into gnulib
and am targeting end of my day tomorrow to post a patch for review on
the gnulib ML.  I believe we are on target for dropping the ChangeLog
requirement for 2.30 development, so I'll be requesting review of wiki
changes next week indicating the change in workflow.

Siddhesh