Re: Automating the maintenance of the ChangeLog file

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 10:03 AM Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> wrote:

> If we cannot make patchwork happy, we can rest assured that we cannot
> make any PR based tools happy.

Is that right, though?  In a PR-based workflow, the primary artifact
is a VCS branch and its meta-revision history (i.e. first we had this
series of commits, then they got rebased and now we have this other
one, etc) and the review discussion (which may still be email-based,
and indeed I hope it will be) is hanging off of that.  It seems to me
that that would inherently make it easier for a patch tracker to
monitor the status of all proposed changes, since it can directly
monitor events in the VCS rather than trying to reconstruct them from
emails that may be ambiguous.

zw