This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RESEND PATCH v9] Mutex: Add pthread mutex tunables
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Kemi Wang <kemi dot wang at intel dot com>
- Cc: Glibc alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:41:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RESEND PATCH v9] Mutex: Add pthread mutex tunables
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Kemi Wang:
> +# SXID_ERASE: (default) Don't read for AT_SECURE binaries and
> +# removed so that child processes can't read it.
I think this will not work as intended for libpthread tunables because
if libpthread is not linked in, no code in nptl/nptl-init.c ever runs.
I think we need to move the tunable to elf/dl-tunables.list, parse it
there, and communicate the result to libpthread, possibly via