This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Linux: Implement membarrier function
- From: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu dot desnoyers at efficios dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 23:34:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Linux: Implement membarrier function
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2018-11-28 at 16:05 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> This is essentially a repost of last year's patch, rebased to the glibc
> 2.29 symbol version and reflecting the introduction of
> I'm not including any changes to manual/ here because the set of
> supported operations is evolving rapidly, we could not get consensus for
> the language I proposed the last time, and I do not want to contribute
> to the manual for the time being.
Fair enough. Nonetheless, can you summarize how far you're along with
properly defining the semantics (eg, based on the C/C++ memory model)?