Re: [RFC] ChangeLog generation script

Zack Weinberg wrote:
I find *writing*
changelog entries by hand to be a valuable discipline.  It forces me
to read every line of the patch I'm about to submit, and I've caught
mistakes dozens of times because of it.

That's fine, and you can continue doing that even after we have a script. Other "stop and think twice" techniques work better for me, in the sense that they find mistakes more efficiently than ChangeLog-writing does. (Reading the diff is one of these techniques.) The goal is developing and maintaining the best software we can with the limited resources we have.