Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?

On 24/11/18 1:53 am, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
On 23/11/18 14:11, David Newall wrote:
On 24/11/18 12:04 am, Florian Weimer wrote:
But socketcall does not exist on all architectures.  Neither does
getpid, it's called getxpid on some architectures.
I think it would be a poor approach to expose application developers to
these portability issues.  We need to abstract over these differences at
a certain layer, and applications are too late.
Interesting.  I think the opposite.  I think exposing the OS's interfaces is exactly what a c-library should do.  It might also provide
alternative interfaces that work consistently across different platforms, but in addition to, not instead of the OS interface.
you don't understand the point of the c language if you think so.

I understand the point of C, thank you very much, and we're talking about the C library, not the language.  I don't understand the point of your rudeness.