Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?

On 24/11/18 12:04 am, Florian Weimer wrote:
But socketcall does not exist on all architectures.  Neither does
getpid, it's called getxpid on some architectures.
I think it would be a poor approach to expose application developers to
these portability issues.  We need to abstract over these differences at
a certain layer, and applications are too late.

Interesting.  I think the opposite.  I think exposing the OS's interfaces is exactly what a c-library should do.  It might also provide alternative interfaces that work consistently across different platforms, but in addition to, not instead of the OS interface.