Re: [RFC] ChangeLog generation script

On 21/11/18 3:43 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Nov 21 2018, Szabolcs Nagy <Szabolcs.Nagy@arm.com> wrote:

then why do we require changelog entries at patch submission?

Because you need to fill in the void.

Prior discussions indicate that RMS is OK with a less than perfect ChangeLog output as long as some key changes are identified. If you're aware of scripts that meet that criteria please point me to them and I'll be happy to compare and perhaps replace what I've written. For now I have proposed this script to bug-standards but in the end for me it is more about not having to write ChangeLogs than it is about which script is used.

Siddhesh